Registered Charity No: 523074
Hall Booking | Policy and Procedure
Ormside Village Hall Management Committee wishes to ensure that Ormside Village Hall is utilised for the benefit of Ormside Village Residents and User Groups and with consideration for the community.
This policy is implemented to ensure the effective hiring of the Hall to both regular user groups and private hirers and to provide safeguards to users and the local community.
All persons hiring / using Ormside Village Hall or taking part in activities are expected to comply with the standards which are set out in this document.
Bookings are available for the inhabitants of the village and surrounding areas within the Eden district as per the Governing Document. The Hirer will be over 18 years of age. Bookings for other groups or non-residents will be considered.
The Ormside Village Hall booking diary is retained by the Bookings Secretary and availability can be checked by contacting the Booking Secretary or the Information and Events Officer and will be available for viewing on www.ormsideramblings.com.
Contact details are displayed on the notice board at the Village Hall and on the website at www.ormsideramblings.com.
The Bookings Secretary shall:
- On receipt of an enquiry contact the enquirer and discuss the proposed booking (and suitability of the event for the Hall).
- Advise the enquirer of the Hall availability and fees.
- On receipt of a confirmed booking, enter the details on the bookings calendar and complete a Booking Agreement Form (Appendix 1).
- Provide The Hirer with a copy of the Booking Agreement Form and the Hire Agreement (Appendix 2).
- Ensure that prior to the event that the Booking Agreement Form is signed by The Hirer and returned to the Bookings Secretary and retained on a central file.
- Make access arrangements to the Hall with the Hirer.
- Collect all fees from Hirers and pass to the Treasurer.
Charges are made for actual access time.
- Women’s Institute (WI) – £7.50 per session
- Other users £15 per session (morning/afternoon/evening)
- Exclusive use of the hall for full day and evening £100 (£50 deposit for functions)
- Additional setting up and clearing up sessions £15
These fees are reviewed annually by the Ormside Village Hall Management Committee.
The Booking Secretary shall agree access arrangements with the Hirer.
Regular weekly classes
- The Booking Secretary will supply a key to The Hirer for their safe keeping and use.
- The Secretary will keep an up to date list of key holders and their contact details.
- When a regular booking ceases the Booking Secretary will recover the key from the Hirer.
One off hire
- The Booking Secretary (or in their absence another member of the Ormside Village Hall Management Committee or their representative) will meet The Hirer to open and close the Hall at a designated time.
Standards for the hire of Ormside Village Hall
Ormside Village Hall Management Committee would like all users to embrace and enjoy the facilities and activities of the Hall.
To achieve this, every user is expected to adhere to the following standards:
- Exercise a duty of care for the health, safety and welfare of all persons using Ormside Village Hall facilities. (Maximum capacity main hall 80 persons).
- Ensure compliance with Ormside Village Hall policies. Specifically: Health and Safety Policy, Environmental Policy, Equality & Diversity Policy and the Child and Vulnerable Adults Safeguarding Policy.
- Ensure all children and young persons under the age of 18 are supervised at all times, by an appropriate adult as per the Hire Agreement.
- Treat everyone with respect and in accordance with their needs, embracing individual difference.
- The sale of alcohol must be concluded by 11.00 pm.
- Events need to be concluded as per the time stated on the booking agreement and the premises within 30 minutes after that time.
- Do not cause disorder or excessive noise, to the potential detriment of residents or other users.
- Park vehicles in a considered manner so as not to cause obstruction or danger.
- Leave all facilities clean, tidy and promptly report any damage or hazards to the Bookings Secretary.
- Ensure the building is left safe and secure.
Any complaints should be made in accordance with Ormside Village Hall Complaints Policy and Procedure.
Created September 2015/Reviewed November 2018